Minutes From September's Working Party Meeting×
Bescot Banter logo
READ OUR LATEST KICK-OFF COLUMN IN SATURDAY'S EXPRESS & STAR
 
Got Something to Say About the Saddlers? Join Our Team
Minutes From September's Working Party Meeting
 
Minutes From September's Working Party Meeting
Minutes From September's Working Party Meeting
TOP STORYCoventry City Enter the Race to Sign Amadou Bakayoko

Minutes From September's Working Party Meeting

6:00 pm Monday, 17 September 2018
Here are the minutes from the latest supporters working party meeting between club officials and supporters groups, which was held in Executive Box 5 at Banks's Stadium on Monday, 3rd September 2018.
The meeting saw several subjects discussed including, amongst others, the Programme Shop, the Supporters' Trust, the upcoming Fans v Legends game, the facilities at Banks's Stadium, and much more.

In Attendance
Daniel Mole (DM) and Stefan Gamble (SG) – Walsall Football Club
Steve Davies (SD) and Trevor Reece (TR) – Walsall Football Supporters' Trust

Apologies
Walsall Football Club Disabled Supporters' Association (DSA)
Walsall Football Supporters Club (The Saddlers Club)

Minutes: Nick Adshead (NA)

1: Points still to action from last meeting
SG confirmed the club are still awaiting an official response regarding the request made to the landlord Suffolk Life.

DM confirmed that one of the funding applications has been approved and the work to improve the Legends Bar will start in the near future.

2: Update from Walsall FC Supporters Club
No representative of Walsall Football Supporters Club was in attendance.

3: Update from Walsall Supporters' Trust
SD advised that there is no update currently on the position of Chairman of the Supporters Trust. DM asked for confirmation of membership numbers which was noted.

SD confirmed that all first-team players and management have recently joined the Supporters Trust. SD offered positive feedback regarding the toilets and baby changing facilities.

SD raised the issue regarding the length of queues at each of the bars before the game and during the half-time interval. SG confirmed the pre-game in Stadium Suite is still a work in progress and these issues along with the Bescot Bar will be brought up at the next meeting before the Doncaster Rovers fixture.

SD referred to the Programme Shop and options for fans to purchase programmes from previous home and away matches. DM to look into options for this.

TR enquired about Disabled Parking on the Red Zone for those supporters sitting in the Main Stand. SG asked TR to contact Laura Greenhouse, Ticket Office Manager and Disabled Supporter Liaison Officer, to discuss.

SD confirmed that a Memorial Service will take place on 15th September prior to the Doncaster Rovers fixture and that all players have been contacted and responses received apart from Roger Hynd, George Kirby and Brian Taylor.

DM asked SD to confirm numbers to himself and Daniel Briggs as soon as possible.

SD confirmed the Fans v Legends game will now take place on 28th October at Rushall Olympic Football Club, kick off at 2pm. Dean Keates will be a part of the Legends Team.

SD enquired re the award for the Fan of the Year Award for 2017-2018 season.  DM and SG both confirmed the Club will look into this as a priority.

SD enquired about the Ticket Office queues at the first three home games.  SG confirmed that all windows are staffed and that cash turnstiles are available in the Lower Homeserve Stand. The Club also encourage supporters to turn up as early as possible to avoid the queues.

SD raised a concern regarding the Stewards by the Park Inn Hotel post-match stepping into the road to stop traffic. DM asked SD to email Safety Officer Jim O’Grady and DM will follow up.

SD then asked when the Trust will get their updated Share Certificate. SG confirmed that this will be received at the beginning of November.

4: Disabled Supporters' Association
There was no update available.

5: Club Update
SG and DM confirmed that the Stadium Suite on matchdays is still a work in progress and staff are meeting on a regular basis to discuss.

SG advised the Club were happy with the business done during the Transfer Window. SG also confirmed that Josh Davis has started today as Commercial Manager, replacing Wayne Thomas. Wayne will continue to work with the Club on various activities.

The Online Shop is back online.

6. Trust and Club Joint Activities
SD thanked the Academy for their recent donation of playing kits for Sierra Leone which will be well received.

7. Other Business
No other business was discussed.

The meeting closed at 16:15. The next meeting will take place on Monday, 1st October 2018, at 3.00pm.


LATEST

WALSALL 0 BURTON ALBION 0

About Bescot Banter

Bescot Banter is an independent look at Walsall Football Club


MORE OF THE LATEST HEADLINES
FIND US ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAM