Minutes From February's Working Party Meeting×
Bescot Banter
Minutes From February's Working Party Meeting
Bescot Banter logo
READ OUR LATEST COLUMN IN SATURDAY'S EXPRESS & STAR
 
Got Something to Say About the Saddlers? Join Our Team
JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you an aspiring football writer, looking to share your views with Saddlers fans across the nation?

Join Bescot Banter and reach thousands of people, every week!

Interested? Click here for further details
Half-Season Tickets Adults Can See the Saddlers For Just £181!
READ OUR LATEST COLUMN IN SATURDAY'S EXPRESS & STAR
Minutes From February's Working Party Meeting
 
Minutes From February's Working Party Meeting

Minutes From February's Working Party Meeting

Here are the minutes from the latest supporters working party meeting between club officials and various supporters groups, which was held in the 1888 Lounge at the Banks’s Stadium on Monday, 4th February 2019.
As always there were plenty of topics were discussed during the meeting, including the Banks's Stadium, Supporters' Trust, Disabled Supporters' Association, and much more.

In Attendance, Apologies and Minutes
Daniel Mole (DM) and Daniel Clarke (DC) – Walsall Football Club
Neil Ravenscroft (NR) and Trevor Reece (TR) – Walsall Football Supporters Trust
Dave Beckett (DB) and Stefanie Tomes (ST) – Walsall FC Disabled Supporters Association

Apologies
Stefan Gamble (SG) – Walsall Football Club
Walsall Football Supporters Club (The Saddlers Club)

Minutes
Nick Adshead (NA)

1: Points still to action from last meeting
DM advised the Fan Zone is complete and opened at the Scunthorpe United game on 12th January.

M advised the Club are looking at the ticketing structure following feedback from the Fans Focus Meeting. DC gave an overview of what is being planned, which includes a simpler pricing structure, looking to introduce a “young persons” ticket for 18 to 21-year olds. Work will be done to make the ticketing website more user friendly and to make people more aware of the offers we do for children under the age of 12 and for 12 to 18-year olds.

M explained that each month a department head will also attend, this working party saw Marketing Manager, Daniel Clarke, join the group.

2: Update from Walsall Football Supporters Club (The Saddlers Club)
In the absence of any representative of the Saddlers Club, no update was available.

3: Update from Walsall Football Supporters' Trust
TR raised the question regarding the “Friends for a Fiver” being announced on Friday for the Rochdale game. DC responded advising this was originally scheduled for the AFC Wimbledon game which had to be rearranged due to the FA Cup and was moved to the Rochdale game. DM confirmed that a similar offer of £5 a ticket in the HomeServe Stand for home supporters will be done for the Bradford City game on 23rd February to which DC advised this will promoted on Wednesday. DM apologised for the communication relating to this game.

NR advised that supporters had said that service in the Bescot Bar was slow. Service for hot drinks was also slow in the Savoy Lounge. DM said he would ask Operations Staff to look into this.

NR also asked if similar tea and coffee facilities can be in the Community Room. DM asked for clarification on whether this was the Fan Zone or Community Room so that it can be looked into. DM has since liaised with the Community Team and sent a response to NR.

NR asked if the screens in the Stadium Suite would be updated due to poor picture quality. DC advised this Saturday there was a technical fault with the feed and instead of the normal digital HD feed it was a standard definition feed being relayed to the screens due to the digital HD feed device going down on Saturday morning and not being able to repair in time.

NR raised the question around Matchday Mascots. DM and DC advised that the Club are currently looking into simpler and more affordable mascot packages that can be introduced. Packages are being reviewed ahead of next season and more will be done to promote the mascot packages at the ticket office window and club website.

4: Disabled Supporters' Association
ST gave an update on the DSA membership - 61 registered members and 56 members on the Facebook page.

ST advised the DSA have been in contact with Level Playing Field regarding Sensory Packs for supporters.

DB advised there was an issue with one of the disabled toilets to which he took photos. DM asked for DB to send the photos to him as this issue was not raised on the day.

DB advised that the presentation arranged for the Rochdale game for those supporters who were unable to attend on Boxing Day was unable to take place due to illness and asked that they can still make the presentations at a future game. DM agreed to this and asked for notice to be given as to which game the presentation will take place.

DB advised that supporters had mentioned to him that the braziers used on the pitch on Saturday were left behind in the St Francis Stand and were still burning and emitting smoke as supporters were arriving at the Stadium. DM said he would investigate this and speak to the appropriate members of staff.

5: Club Update
DM advised that January has been a busy month with the transfer window with eight players arriving and four leaving. The focus is on League One safety.

DM also advised that work to improve the external view of the Stadium has started and will take 4 – 5 weeks to complete. Other areas such as Reception areas and kiosks in Stadium Suite area are also being worked on.

6. Trust and Club Joint Activities
None.

7. Other Business
DM advised that DB had approached the Club from the Independent Saddlers Supporters Association (ISSA) with regard to joining these working party meetings. DM asked for DB to send information on the ISSA to the Supporters Trust and DSA to make them aware so it can be discussed further at the next meeting.

DM asked if the DSA had been in contact with the Rainbow Group. ST advised no contact has been made so far. DB agreed that the DSA represent all disabled supporters of Walsall Football Club whether they are a DSA member or not.

TR referred to comments on the internet after the fans focus meeting seemed to suggest that the Pension on death can be passed on to the beneficiaries twice only. After that withdrawals from the scheme word be subject to an Inland Revenue charge of 55%. This is incorrect. The pension can be passed on indefinitely as long there is still value in the scheme. There is no penalty charge from the Inland Revenue after twice being passed on. All withdrawals are subject to the beneficiaries’ marginal rate of tax. The 55% penalty charge applies only to unauthorised withdrawals.

The meeting closed at 16.05. The next meeting will take place on Monday, 4th March 2019.

About Bescot Banter

Bescot Banter is an independent look at Walsall Football Club
RELATED NEWS


MORE OF THE LATEST HEADLINES
Follow Us Across Social Media