Bescot Banter
'No Truth' in Luke Leahy Contract Rumours
Bescot Banter logo
 
READ OUR LATEST COLUMN IN SATURDAY'S EXPRESS & STAR
'No Truth' in Luke Leahy Contract Rumours
 
'No Truth' in Luke Leahy Contract Rumours
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THE SADDLERS?     Join Our Team    
'No Truth' in Luke Leahy Contract Rumours

'No Truth' in Luke Leahy Contract Rumours

1:00 pm Friday, 16 November 2018  
Walsall reporter Joseph Masi has taken to Twitter to debunk a report which suggested that Saddlers left-back Luke Leahy has turned down a new deal at the club.
Masi, who reports for the Express & Star, insisted that there is 'no truth' in the reports that 25-year-old Leahy had rejected an offer of a new deal, going on to tell other fans not to read anything into it.

Replying on Twitter, Joe said; "It is my understanding there is no truth in reports Luke Leahy has turned down a new contract with Walsall."

The apparent news had been broken by Daily Mirror reporter James Nursey, who had claimed that several Sky Bet Championship clubs had been alerted to the news that Leahy would be available on a free transfer in the summer.

Speaking via his Twitter feed, James said; "Walsall left-back Luke Leahy has put Championship clubs on alert after snubbing a new deal at the Saddlers. Defender Leahy,25, is out of contract next summer after joining from Falkirk on a two-year deal in 2017. He has since made 74 appearances for the League One club."

However, there appears to be little in the rumours as sources closer to the club believe that negotiations between the club and Luke continue.


Don't forget, you can also join us across social media, we're @BescotBanter on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

About Bescot Banter

Bescot Banter is an independent look at Walsall Football Club
RELATED NEWS


MORE OF THE LATEST HEADLINES
Follow Us Across Social Media